TABLE OF CONTENTS
To set up shipping where the products weight determines the cost of shipping, you first need to create product groups in Trade Runner. A product group is a group of products based on a criteria, in this case the criteria is weight.
Once you have created a product group, you then attach the product group to a shipping Template.
Please note the following scenarios around weight based shipping and how charges are applied using this example:
|Product Weight||Shipping Charge|
|Under 1 kg||$5|
- Weight based shipping is based on the product. If Product X weighs 400g, the customer is charged $5.
- You can choose to charge for additional items of product X or not, if you do charge for additional items the customer will be charged $5 for each item, if they buy 3 of Product X, they will pay $15 for postage.
- You cannot have one shipping cost based on the total weight of all products. If a customer purchases multiple products, shipping costs are determined by each product. For example, if a customer purchases Product X which is 500g and Product Y which is 2kg, they will be charged $5 + $10 =$15.
- If you have products with different sized variations e.g small 1 litre or large 5 litre, the same shipping charge is applied to all variations. You can get around this by doing Shipping at the cart level. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to set this up.
To create a product group:
- In Trade Runner from the left hand menu navigate to 'Products' then 'Product Groups'
- Click 'Add a product group'
- Enter the name e.g 3-5kg
- Enter the weight range. In this example Minimum weight = 3 and maximum weight = 5 kg.
- Click 'Create product group'
- You should see it here:
- Now go to "Settings - Trade Me - Shipping"
- To continue to Create you Shipping Template and assign your New Product Group to that shipping template follow the steps in this FAQ here.