By default, Trade Runner will send the RRP and the Sale Price from your ecommerce store to Trade Me. The 'Sale Price' is then used as the 'Buy Now' price of the product in Trade Me. If the RRP is greater than the Sale Price then Was/Now pricing is shown if it is enabled in the Trade Me store (it is on by default).
For example, this is how listings appear in search results, with the discount savings in the top left, and the was/now pricing in the bottom right corner. The price $29.98 price point is the RRP and the $13.99 is the Sale Price in Trade Runner.
The Commerce Commission and Trade Me have strict guidelines around discounted pricing and the use of Was/Now pricing so make sure you are familiar with the following guidelines and adjust the RRP or Sale price accordingly. Trade Me monitor discounted pricing and the use of Was/Now pricing but it is up to Retailers to know and follow the guidelines:
- To change which price you use (RRP or Sale Price) go to 'Settings - Trade Me - General'. Scroll down to 'How do we treat Sale price vs RRP?
- From the drop down, select the option you prefer:
- NONE: Trade Runner will send the RRP and the Sale Price from your ecommerce store to Trade Me. This is the default. Was/Now pricing is enabled if RRP is greater than the Sale Price.
- RRP_OVERRIDES_SALE: Trade Runner will force the Sale Price to be the SAME as the RRP. Was/Now pricing is not enabled.
- SALE_OVERRIDES_RRP: Trade Runner will force the RRP to be the SAME as the Sale Price. Was/Now pricing is not enabled.
- Click 'Update Settings' to save then go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to Trade Me' to update Trade Me