TABLE OF CONTENTS
This FAQ covers how to use exclusion and inclusion to manage product listings on TradeRunner.
Exclude by Brand, Title Keyword and Category
To block an entire group of products you can use the Product Exclusions feature.
Go to Settings – Trade Me - General – then scroll down to the Product Exclusion section.
- To block all products from a particular Brand, type the brand into ‘Excluded products by these brands’. In the below example, all products with the brand 'Apple' will not list.
- To block all products with a particular Keyword, type the keyword into ‘Exclude products by keyword in title’ In the below example, all products with iPhone will not list.
- If you have products that are on sale but you don't want them listed, select 'Exclude on-sale products'. This is where the sell price is less than the RRP.
- To block a whole category from your ecommerce store, Start typing the name of the category in the field 'Excluded products by these categories' In this example, all products in the retailer category 'Accessories - Phone Covers' will be blocked from Trade Me.
Once you have entered the brand/keywords in this section of the products you want to block, click 'Update Settings' then go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to Trade Me' for the changes to be implemented on Trade Me.
When you enter the Brand or Keyword, use double quotations to block the exact word e.g "phone" will only block phone. If you leave out the double quotations and just put phone then if a word has phone in it then that will be blocked for example iphone will be blocked
Exclude a Particular Variant or Attribute
To block or remove a particular variant / attribute you can use Exclude Variants with these Attributes.
Go to Settings - Administration - then scroll down to the Product Import section.
- To exclude a particular Variant which is part of a Product, type in a keyword that is part of the Variant you want to exclude. In the example below all variants that have the keyword 'Ordered' will be excluded when imported.
- To remove a particular attribute which is part of a Product, type in the keyword that is part of the attribute you want to remove from products in the Remove these attributes from products box.
Once you have entered the keywords for variants you want to exclude or attributes you want to remove from products into these sections to complete the process of removing or excluding click the 'Update Settings' button and then go to your Trade Runner Dashboard and firstly click "Import from...(your eCommerce platform)" then when that has completed (which can take some time depending on the number of products you have). When the import has finished click 'Upload to Trade Me' for the changes to be implemented on Trade Me.
Include Products (Toggle option under exclude)
Omnivore now allows you to INCLUDE ONLY based on Brand, Keyword in Title and Retailer Categories. Navigate to the same section as 'Exclusions', the only step required is to click the Toggle Include/Exclude link. Keypoints to consider:
- By default this section will be set to 'exclude', when you toggle to 'include', this will change the field name to say Only Include ...
- Adding a value for Include will not remove the values you have entered for Exclude, so if you toggle back to Exclude the previous entries will still be there.
- The brands, title keywords or categories you 'Include' will then force all other brands, title keywords or categories to be excluded. But it will not add those to the Excluded toggle box. They will be Excluded because they are not Included.