Before you start selling via Trade Runner you will need to set up a Trade Me account. Please take a look at our Trade Me Set Up Checklist
Once you have installed the extension, you will see 'Trade Runner' in the navigation of your Magento Admin. Click 'Trade Runner' in the nav then 'Go to Trade Runner'.
Launch Trade Runner from your Magento admin and complete the set up to list on Trade Me.
- From Magento Admin, click on Trade Runner from the top nav
- Launch Trade Runner. NB: This is also how you access Trade Runner in future.
- Enter the name of your store, accept the Ts and Cs and click ‘Create Account’.
- It may sync for a few minutes while we retrieve your data fields.
- Map your Magento data fields to Trade Runner data fields. What we are doing here is making sure we use the right data from Magento to create your products in Trade Runner.
Click the yellow rectangle on the left and drag across to the right. You can change these later if you need to.
Once all fields have been mapped, click the "Finish" button to continue set up.
- Complete your contact details
- This next step requires you to approve ‘Trade Runner’ to access your ‘Trade Me’ account – this is so that we can create your listings and send orders back to your Magento store.
Click the "Go to Trade Me" button.
- You will be taken to Trade Me – enter your Trade Me email address and password then click ‘Login’
- You will be redirected back to Trade Runner – click Next to continue.
- You will need to set up a default shipping option now but you can create multiple shipping options later.
- Choose the main categories that your products will be listed in on Trade Me – this helps us with recommendations when it comes time to map your products to Trade Me categories.
- The set up is now done, you can continue to the dashboard.
- If you reach the dashboard and it is ‘Syncing’ then it means we are still importing all your products from Magento.
If you have more than 1000 products it may take a while.
Once the Sync is finished, the last thing you need to do is map your products to the right categories on Trade Me so that your products can list.
From the Dashboard, scroll down to ‘Reasons for not being listed’ and the number of products that ‘Needs Category Mapping’
Select the products you want to map by clicking the check box on the left then click ‘Map to Other Category’
You will be able to see a full list of Trade Me categories to choose from. Select the appropriate category:
You may need to scroll down…. Check the box then click ‘Save Mappings’
Once you have completed mapping your products, return to the dashboard and click ‘Upload to Trade Me’
Congratulations you have now listed products to sell on Trade Me!
If you get stuck or need help at all either submit a request online.