TABLE OF CONTENTS
This FAQ explains currency exchange rates in TradeRunner.
Setting a Fixed Currency Exchange Rate
You can change the exchange rate that Trade Runner uses when it converts the price of your products from the currency of your own store to NZD.
You might want to fix the exchange rate so that your pricing doesn't fluctuate daily or so that the price is rounded.
How To Fix Your Exchange Rate
To fix your exchange rate go to 'Settings - Currencies - Custom Exchange Rates'.
In the following example, we are going to set the AUD equal to the NZD so that a price of $29.95 in my AUD based ecommerce store is on Trade Me for $29.95.
- Click 'Add Custom Exchange Rate'
- For the field 'From Currency, select your base currency i.e if you're an Australian retailer, this is 'Australian Dollar'
- To Currency - choose New Zealand Dollar since Trade Me is in New Zealand
- Valid from date - you can either enter Today's date or a date in the future and the currency will apply from that date.
- In the 'Exchange Rate' field, enter the rate from AUD to NZD you want to use. In this example it is 1.
- In the 'Reverse Exchange Rate' field enter the rate from NZD to AUD you want so that when orders come back to your ecommerce platform the Order amount is in the correct amount. In this example it is 1.
- Click Submit.