Using keyword filtering and creating rules
Created by: Fern Jones-Middleton
Modified on: Mon, 6 Jul, 2020 at 12:51 PM
Please note: This feature is for advanced users only - if you wish to use it please send us a request to get access.
Table of Contents
- If you have a retailer category that does not align well with a single Trade Me marketplace category you can filter the products within that retailer category by keyword to create a rule. For example;
- The retailer category Tees, Knits and Polos may contain t shirts, sweaters and polo shirts so you can't assign a Trade Me category to this retailer category otherwise you may end up with sweaters listing in the t shirt category
- If you filter the retailer category by 'Sweater' then choose the Trade Me category Clothing & Fashion > Men > Jerseys & hoodies then all products with Sweater in the title will list under Clothing & Fashion > Men > Jerseys & hoodies. If you filter by tee then all products with Tee can be assigned to the Trade Me category Clothing & Fashion > Men > T-shirts
- Filtering by keyword and assigning categories will then create a rule. In the above example, any time you add a product with keyword 'Sweater' in the title to your ecommerce store it will automatically be assigned to the Trade Me category Clothing & Fashion > Men > Jerseys & hoodies and list.
How to assign categories filtering by Keyword
- Make sure you opt in to see this feature - send us a request to get access.
- From the Dashboard under the Products not listed section, click 'Choose Category'
- Your retailer categories will be listed in the table. For the retailer category you want to assign categories to, click 'Choose category'
- Enter a keyword e.g Tee and click 'Filter'
- Check that the relevant products have a check box, then choose a marketplace category on the right hand side, either search or use the category tree and click 'Save Category'
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have chosen a category for all products
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.