Many Magento 1 Retailers are in the process of upgrading from Magento 1 to Magento 2. If you are in this situation, please consider the following:
- The upgrade path from Magento 1 to Magento 2 requires a completely new integration with Traderuuner
- In our experience, despite best efforts Retailers are still having issues with their Magento 2 sites. This means that when you set Traderunner up for Magento 2, we need to provide additional support from our Customer Support and Development teams
- For Retailers requiring extra help upgrading from Magento 1 to Magento 2, there is a one off set up fee of $450.
- Allow enough time to set Traderunner up - from installation of the extension to listing products on the marketplace can take anywhere between a few hours, a couple of days or a few weeks depending on how quickly you want to get it done.
Follow these steps to ensure a smooth transition and to minimise downtime from selling on the Marketplaces.
Install the Traderuuner Magento 2 Extension
Choose the marketplace you would like to set up first: which will be TradeMe.
If you have existing listings on Trade Me then we recommend the following:
- Choose Trade Me as the Marketplace to set up
- When you go through the sign up wizard, don't authorise Traderunner to access Trade Me just yet, we will add it once you're ready to list.
- Finalise your set up - see this Checklist for help. TIP: Look at your set up for Trade Me in your Magento 1 Traderunner account and just copy across the settings, product groups etc.
- Remove all your existing listings by going to 'Settings - Trade Me - General'. There is a button at the very bottom of the page on the right 'Deactivate Storefront'. Click this. Wait for all your listings to be removed from Trade Me. It may take anywhere from 10 mins to hours depending on the number of listings you have.
- Once your listings have been removed from Trade Me, authorise your Magento 2 Traderunner account to access your Trade Me account. There will be a Dashboard notification or go to 'Settings - Trade Me - General'
- Make sure you remove the Authorisation for Trade Me in your Traderunner Magento 1 Account (go to Settings - Trade Me - General and click 'Delete Authorisation) so that you're not receiving orders to Magento 1 and Magento 2.