This is the process of going through all your products and mapping them to the most relevant Trade Me category.
For example, a pair of womens jeans would be mapped to the "Jeans" category under "Womens Clothing, Clothing Shoes Accessories".
There are 2 options for mapping a product category:
- Map a single product to a category (i.e. Single Product Mapping Rule)
- Map a whole category to a marketplace category (i.e. Category Mapping Rule)
All products within this category will be mapped to the marketplace category (see the rules below).
All products must have an associated Trade Me category mapped to them for the product to be listed on Trade Me.
The mapping rules are applied in the order most specific, to least specific.
i.e. Single Product Mapping first (if any), then Category Mapping (if any).
- If a product belongs to more than one category, and the categories have mapping rules, the mapping rule for the category with the smallest number of products will be used, we consider this one to be the most specific category.
- If a category is marked as "Ignored", it is not considered for the purpose of mapping.
- You can only choose ONE category to list your product on. You cannot choose mutliple categories.